donderdag 27 december 2007

Rhymefest-Blue_Collar-2006-RNS

Yup, So this will be my first post in English, As I told before in Dutch, every Dutch CD I'll drop will have the post in Dutch, English CD's will be acompanied with an English post.



If I could describe Rhymefest in one word, that word would be : Honest.

I never understand, a lot of rappers, they do albums and shit. And the only thing they talk about are Hoe's, Bling, and DEM HOT ASS RIMS. I was always looking for albums that actually show's the artists emotion, and Rhymefest does that, he has a very good flow, and always puts on topics I could love. It has songs like Bullet, just have a look at the lyrics, this is shit I love:

Straight outta highschool he didn't know what to do
Wanted to go to college but no money was nothin' new
Wanted to get away go see the world and do somethin' new
He got approached in the mall by the army recruit
Told him "If you wanna go to school we got money too,
Sign up at eighteen you be you when you twenty-two"
He joined the army airborne got his uniform went to bootcamp got some
discipline Iraq is where they shipped him
He's in the mission where bullets flyin' and missin him
Wishin' he was a kid again with his family in Michigan
In the midst of fightin' militiamen, one round took down six of them
He ain't really a killa though, takin' a lotta risks
This is what a poor person do for a scholarship
He turned around and got a face full of hollow-tips
But don't be mad, he died for the flag


Rhymefest Tackled the whole issue...

The album has lots of upsides and downside's.Songs like Get Down, Brand New(Featuring. Kanye-to-the),Stick and Fever. But the upsides really are good enough to take the blow : More is a brilliant song, it describes the society, and how people think about stuff. One of my favorite songs, Ever. All Girls Cheat Tells the story of cheating women.Build me up is a feature with ODB which is mostly about falling in love and trying to get the girl to get down with you.

The album got me to love the conscious rap, and got me to look in for some other Hip-Hop instead of the crunk-shit I was listening before...



Rhymefest is Wise,Funny and a good MC. This album, made me want to act more grown-up, this cd got me thinking, and it helped me through rough times. This album to me, Is Hip-Hop.

Track List
----------
01. Feel Free (Intro) (Feat. 1:11
Q-Tip)
02. Dynomite (Going Postal) 3:50
03. Brand New (Feat. Kanye West) 3:40
04. Fever 3:48
05. All I Do 3:27
06. Get Down 3:02
07. More (Feat. Kanye West) 4:12
08. Chicago-Rillas (Feat. Mikkey & 4:27
Bump J)
09. Stick 3:31
10. All Girls Cheat (Feat. Mario) 4:13
11. Devil's Pie 4:51
12. Sister (Feat. Mike Payne) 3:54
13. Mr. Blue Collar (Interlude) 2:01
(Feat. Malik Yusef)
14. Bullet (Feat. Citizen Cope) 4:00
15. Tell A Story 4:30
16. Build Me Up (Feat. O.D.B.) 3:46


http://rapidshare.com/files/79407991/Rhymefest-Blue_Collar-2006-RNS.RAR

Geen opmerkingen: